Tuesday, August 18, 2009

29 Weeks

Remember last week when I was so excited about my doctor's visit and the great results? Well the next day I receive a voice mail with something along the lines of, "This is Teresa and I was um, actually just filling in for Felicia. Well, um, I thought a score of 135 was okay but anything over 134 has to be tested with the three hour glucose exam." YEAH! I WAS FURIOUS.
Yesterday Ben, my saint of a husband, went with me for my three hour glucose test. It was miserable! You have to load up on sweets three days ahead and then fast from dinner the night before until close to noon the next day. On top of that they make you drink this nasty sweetness that is equivalent to shoving 3 snickers bars and a coca-cola down your throat in less than five minutes. Yuck. All of this being said, they called me today and we PASSED!!!! We are not diabetic and I asked Felicia if she was absolutely certain and would not be calling back, she said yes. So excited and such a weight off my shoulders.

Today marks 29 weeks which is a great milestone! Only 11 more weeks until her estimated delivery and 77 days...I can hardly believe it. Ben and I are enjoying our last few months of being just the two of us and the animeaux but are so anxious for her to be here. The crib arrived yesterday and hopefully we will be able to get it set up sometime in the next few days. I think after the showers I am going into overdrive nesting and want to put her room together as soon as possible so that it is ready for her arrival. I have not suffered any swelling yet and can still move around well so I want to knock whatever I can out while I feel pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment