Wednesday, June 2, 2010

First taste of fruit!

Tonight Abney had her first taste of the sweet stuff, fruit. YUM! She had a Carrot Tomato baby food souffle. I'm assuming it tastes better than it sounds because someone was very happy with each bite she took. It was so cute. She really enjoyed herself and spread it all over her bumbo tray and most of her face. It's okay because we cleaned her up with splishing and splashing in the bath tub-one of our favorite times of the day! I introduced her bath toys tonight as well, which may have been a bigger hit with Charlie than Abney. No, Charlie was not in the tub but he heard the squeaking noises and needed to investigate. When he looked at me I squirted him right in the muzzle! He tried to attack the water and went running in circles all around the house. My sweet little pooch.

Tomorrow is the last night we are on Mom only duty. Daddy is still gone until Sunday but Nana is coming to visit and to help me celebrate my 28th birthday. Egads, I'm getting closer to thirty something but still going to RELISH every day of my twenties because they have been AMAZING! I've met some of my best friends, built even stronger bonds with old friends, met and married my wonderful husband, moved a million times and experienced new places, and somewhat settled in Atlanta to have our beautiful girl. Yeah, life is good.

P.S. For anyone that actually "follows" I have two posts that precede this one but I need to upload some fabulous pictures before I can post. :)

2 comments:

  1. Always forget our birthdays are so close! AHHHH.... 28! I can't believe it! This is the 1st birthday where I am actually starting to feel a little old... But like you said, I have also accomplished a lot in my twenties. Here's to enjoying the last 2 years of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so precious.

    ReplyDelete