Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dreams Come True

I just finished rocking Abney into her morning slumber.  As I sat holding her tightly in my arms and gazing around her beautiful room, it reminded me of all the time I spent doing this very act dreaming of what it would be like when my baby girl was finally here.  She has been more than I could have ever dreamed and hoped for.  Abney is such a blessing in my life and every time I look or think of her I can't help but smile.  She brings me joy, love, and hope.
My cousin Cade had her second child this past Wednesday, Catherine McNeil Daniel.  Little Catherine is beautiful and a perfect addition to the family.  Cade and I spent some time talking about how incredible it is to add to the brood and how much your heart continues to grow with a second child.  Just when you think you cannot love anything more, you find that with more children comes more love.

So today as I sat rocking my Abney, and realized that all of my dreams of becoming a parent for the first time are coming true.  I continue to dream of what it will be like to watch Abney grow and to one day meet her future sibling(s).  I realize now that this is my life's purpose and that I was born to be their mother, and I will do everything I can to insure I do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment