One of the greatest hopes I have for our daughter is that she is able to find good girlfriends. I do not know how I got so lucky to meet some of mine at the age of 11 but they have stuck with me ever since. :)Last year when we realized we were on a brief hiatus from Bachelorette parties and living all over the country, we decided to institute Girls' Weekend. The first was at Casa del Buerger in Hotlanta and this year we decided to visit the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville. Opryland is definitely one of those places you have to see to believe and equally full of rednecks as it is beautiful gardens...Lauren, Jordana, Lily, Staci, Erin and I had such a blast laughing, EATING, shopping, and laying out. We got a big kick out of how different this year was compared to last year. To put it simply, last year Lauren suggested we skip dinner and head straight to the clubs because we were already so pumped up. I kindly reminded her it was only 7:30...this year we didn't even see the inside of a club! haha
Another fun part to the weekend was that Erin and I finally got to be together in person while both pregnant! She has already been blessed with her baby girl Hadley and is now pregnant with their second and approximately 10 weeks behind me. She has acted as my pregnancy coach throughout my pregnancy and in fact is the one that helped me realize I should probably take my pregnancy test in the first place. I cannot thank her enough for going first so that I can call her or IM her every time I have a question to get support.
Truly, I have some of the greatest friends in the world and know that in 70 years we will still be having girls' night together in our assisted living somewhere. Still fabulous.
P.S. When Jordana finally gets around to posting our group shot I will post it on here. :) Love you JZ!
Another fun part to the weekend was that Erin and I finally got to be together in person while both pregnant! She has already been blessed with her baby girl Hadley and is now pregnant with their second and approximately 10 weeks behind me. She has acted as my pregnancy coach throughout my pregnancy and in fact is the one that helped me realize I should probably take my pregnancy test in the first place. I cannot thank her enough for going first so that I can call her or IM her every time I have a question to get support.
Truly, I have some of the greatest friends in the world and know that in 70 years we will still be having girls' night together in our assisted living somewhere. Still fabulous.
P.S. When Jordana finally gets around to posting our group shot I will post it on here. :) Love you JZ!




No comments:
Post a Comment