Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Healthy Baby, Unhealthy Mama

Our appointment this morning went well with healthy heartbeat and good measurements. Unfortunately, Mommy has a cold with bad cough and throat that the Doc says I need to drink fluids and ride out. On top of that my weigh in was a good five to seven pounds over where it needs to be. Yikes! I guess I have overcompensated for gaining slowly in the beginning in the last month. My doctor says if I continue to be conscientious of what I eat and start exercising 30 minutes a day I will be okay at my next appointment.
I'm slightly devastated and mad at myself but I know I need to get back into my exercise routine. I am out of habit and have not been out of excuses. Even with all that said I am only planning to walk the dogs tonight since I am feeling badly and can barely breathe. :( But, I have told Ben and now all of you so hopefully this will be the good swift kick I need to get in gear.
At the end of the day, Baby Girl is healthy and right on schedule. Our next appointment is August 11th where we will have ultrasound and the dreaded glucose test. For now I am focused on getting well and ready for my Girls' Weekend 2009! Friday is the one year anniversary of finding Dad and I need to be as healthy and surrounded by love as possible. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment