Abney-Your mommy owes you LOTS of blogging updates from our adventures over the past two months. We've had a BLAST and traveled together on many "just us" adventures. But today is a day I never want to forget, and since I did not bring my camera I want to burn this memory into my mind and keep it safe for always.
Yesterday we made the drive home to Atlanta from Kentucky. A drive that should take about 6 1/2 hours took the two of us 10. Yes, we had a long day and although we had fun at our 3 Cracker Barrel stops, we were both worn out when we got home last night. So today we slept in until 8:00 in the morning and I think we both went to bed not long after 7:00 last night... :) Happy Mommy!
When we woke up this morning, your fourteen month birthday, I made you two scrambled eggs with milk and yogurt. You enjoyed everything and were so cute with your smiles and sounds. We've been experimenting with table manners and allowing you to hold your own fork or spoon. This morning you successfully fed yourself almost all your yogurt (mommy put it on the spoon but you spooned it in your mouth)! You are growing up so fast I cannot believe it.
After breakfast we ran around the house some chasing the boys and getting ready for our day. What a day! We met up with your friend Kennedy, her Mommy and Grandma, at a place called KangaZoom. You've been there once before with your Daddy and Grandma Buerger, but today was my first time with you.
It was evident as soon as we entered the place that you had been there before. I could barely keep up with you! You were running, yes RUNNING, from one activity to the next with a big smile and laughing the whole time. We bounced in the bouncers, sat in the jeep, hopped on the flower, and played in the toddler area. You had a ball!
My absolute favorite moment happened to be right after the scariest. You had been very brave inside the bouncers and led me to where the slides were and climbed up them until you needed a hand for the last step...so it should not surprise me that when we were bouncing together and you were a few feet away from me, you decided you wanted to go down a level into the mini basketball court. I sort of shouted and for a moment you looked like you were going to listen to me...then you were over board and into the bottom. I hesitated but then saw you laying there with this HUGE grin on your face and knew you were okay. You started kicking and just smiled up right at me and I had no choice but to give you a big grin back.
One of the best moments in life. I love seeing you so happy and so active. You are my sunshine little girl. I love you, and thank you so much for today.
After our KangaZoom we went across the street for lunch at McCray's. You and Miss K barely made it through the meal as you both clearly were ready for your naps. We hopped in our car to head home and you were still smiling and singing to me, my guess is you were chatting up about all your favorite parts of our morning. I turned around to look at you while at a stoplight and we gave each other a high five. I turned back around and started driving and about one minute later as we turned into the neighborhood I look back to find you passed out!
We finished the day by heading to Mommy's office to send off some important faxes that I had to do at work. We didn't work too hard as we ran through the cubicles and you seemed to think my office was almost as much fun as KangaZoom (wish I always had that much fun when I'm there! LOL). You and I played a little longer than I had planned and I realized there was no way we would make it home before dinner time and we have no food in the house since we were out of town. Hmmm, Whole Foods it was!
You helped me pick out some yummy fruits and veggies, and insisted on trying the grapefruit that was out for taste testing. Clearly you wanted it to be an orange or similar because five times you took a bite and made a face but came back for more. It made mommy giggle! We rounded into the cooked food and because you're so cute one of the chefs came from behind the counter to give you a free cup of macaroni and cheese. Mommy did the right thing to repay the kindness and bought you a full cup to bring home.
We sat at the bar, me on the chair and you still in a shopping cart, and enjoyed a little meal. You apparently love tofu, and because you loved it so much I decided to try "just to see" like I had with sweet potatoes. I hate it. Absolutely think it is disgusting. But if my girl likes it we will start stocking at our home moving forward! You gave me sweet kisses and waved at people as they were leaving the store. Quite the hit I must say! Then we said good-bye and came home to do night night.
Today was a GREAT day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment