Last night when I was updating our blog I hesitated to share our time together at Whole Foods because to readers it may be ho hum but for me it was a sweet memory I want to keep. Well. I'm glad I did because it is a critical part to another first in your life. Tofu Tummy/Food Poisoning/GROSS!!!!
I stayed up way past bedtime playing on the blog and working on our 2011 family budget. Yes, I'm the nerd who likes to spend my free time in spreadsheets because I so thoroughly enjoy them...don't ask, just accept me please. :) Anyway, I was up late and then could not keep myself from watching Back to the Future III. It is my favorite from the trilogy and I seem to always catch II or maybe I but never III. Again, I know I'm a nerd, but it was probably around midnight when I fell asleep. I know better.
Around 2:30 I received my first wake up call. It was odd but I had moved your bed and thought maybe you had opened your eyes and were startled (I've moved it back, lol). Then around 4:00 a.m. came the screamer. I ran in your room wide awake as this is VERY odd behavior for you and I knew something was wrong. You poor little nugget. I thought you were just spitting up and still needy, so I pulled you in bed with me. Secretly been desperate for you to want to crawl in bed and me being forced to give in since I don't believe in making co-sleeping a practice but so enjoy you as my little spoon.
It was a nightmare. You could not lay down at all without getting sick. I was able to position us just right so you could get in some sleep between bouts of stomach issues. Then around 7:00 you woke up giggling. Whew, just a rough patch I thought, and went about our usual routine. So proud of yesterday's egg success I confidently went about prepping your gourmet meal.
You refused.
I'm not talking shake your head or throw the egg. I mean full on how-dare-you-put-that-yellow-thing-on-my-plate temper tantrum. My, my I thought, she's just being picky this morning. I gave up as some mornings you're not really into eating anyway and just want your milk.
To spare the details after picking you up, let's just say you and I had three costume changes before 9:00 a.m. GROSS.
I knew better than to stay up late, and I should have known that something that made me gag should not be something I allow you to keep eating. GROSS. The Tofu was grilled, and I thought Whole Foods was trustworthy for hot and salad bars. I thought wrong.
GROSS.
All is well that ends well as your stomach finally settled into our day with you just needy enough to want to be with Mommy and clinging to me. Mommy liked that part. :) Today we also learned that you can reach items on top of our kitchen counters, bathroom counters, and can apparently open doors. When Daddy gets home tomorrow we are doing Phase 2 of Abney Proofing the house.
I love you sweet angel, and I'm going to bed early tonight just in case.
P.S. Your Daddy is no longer allowed to leave us alone for this many days in a row. We both hit our walls without the Ben! Tofu or no tofu. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but this had me cracking up! I read your blog yesterday, and I thought, "Oh how sweet!" And then I got on facebook and saw your status update and thought, "Oh...no..."
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Abney is feeling better!