Saturday, January 30, 2010

Family First

This first full five days of work were really difficult. Difficult for me, for Ben, and for Abney. Today the three of us went to lunch and discussed how we are going to make this work better in the future. We have a good plan and are putting it into action this week. Last week I had an extremely important business call that turned out well. It took a lot of work to get ready for mostly because I have been out of the loop and am playing catch up during a busy time of year. I feel like I am finally somewhat caught up and have laid out my priorities for the upcoming weeks. I guess I didn't do as good of a job balancing my work and life before maternity as I thought I did. Now having Abney around, she makes it clear where I am missing and what I need to focus on more. I'm not sure how well our new plan will work but we are at least going to try and if it doesn't work try a new plan. We both love what we do and we love our family more than anything. We are working as a team to figure out how to do both parts of our lives the best way we can. :)
Let's put it this way...Abney's three month birthday has passed and I didn't get her picture taken let alone posted. But I did go to work between 6-6:30 almost every day, worked through lunch, and was home after 6:30 each night. Yep, need to work on my time management.

3 comments:

  1. Give yourself time to figure it out, I know you'll find the right balance eventually! In the mean time come to New Orleans and eat some king cake, it makes everyone feel better!! ~Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that the call went well on Friday! - I know that you were nervous about that! Let me know when you need someone to lean on at work. I haven't been in your shoes yet, but I will be soon and we'll be doing this thing together! :) See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an inspiration to all working moms. One day your daughter will realize everything you do for your family & be filled with pride.

    ReplyDelete