After my wonderful birthday surprise party, Sallie took me to Charleston for the weekend. It was just the two of us, well three of us, and it was really nice to spend time together. We appreciate certain things that no one else quite sees the excitement. For example, on the drive there we took a few backroads and both screamed at the top of our lungs and pointed. I turned around and we went back to the spot. Why? The people had a yard full of emus!!! The most exciting part was the two baby emus, which I'm sure have a proper name but I have no idea what that would be. Sallie has all the pics so she will need to add them for me.
Saturday we went to the beach to lay out. I was in full maternity suit garb with big umbrella. It is amazing how different that kind of trip to the beach is vs. my old days with teeny bikini and tanning oil. The good part to that is I was able to eat whatever I felt like and not worry about how it would effect my abs!
One of the other highlights outside of our Big on the Pig t-shirt purchases, was Sallie's first bucket of crabs. She took one leg, dipped it in the butter and slowly pulled it towards her with this awful look on her face. As she slowly took the first bite her face simultaneously went from scared and disgusted to sheer delight. It was quite possibly one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Sounds like you all had a blast! Love the 19 week bump. Its definitely starting to show more! Can you believe in 4 days you'll be halfway done!
ReplyDelete