Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Daddy's Touch

Can you tell they are related from the above picture or what? I know Ben will probably get mad at me for posting that one since he thinks it is ugly but I think it is absolutely adorable. They are already two peas in a pod and she can barely recognize our faces. It is sweet to see how she responds to her Daddy and as the books say, fathers have a way with their children that is different than the mother but irreplaceable. He holds her in a way that is stronger than I will ever be able to and can comfort her down from her red faced scream fits.

The below picture is him doing just that. He has a little shimmy shake dance he has her do and then lifts her up in the sky like a rocket ship. It works so well she falls asleep in his hands sitting straight up! Quite the testament maybe to her future dance moves?

Ben has taken to being father like a fish to water. He caters to both our needs as much as humanly possible and it is so reassuring to know he is there for both of us. Even last night when I was in a BAD mood and wanted to pout and act like a brat. He let me, somewhat ignored me, and then told me a million wonderful reasons why he loves me and why everything will be okay. Best.Man.Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment