Thursday, November 26, 2009

Fairy Godmother

Yesterday we were visited by my BFF and now Abney's Fairy Godmother. :) Lindsay and Joey are in town for the holidays to stay with his family, which thankfully is right down the street from our house. They came over to meet the little pod and brought her a fabulous book from New Orleans called Goodnight Nola a take on Good Night Moon. Abney is going to be the cool kid at school who knows all about the French Quarter and gets to go to Mardi Gras every year. She should be a huge fan. Write that down my little love.
We had lunch at Taqueria del Sol and then Ikea'd. Yes, with Lindsay and I Ikea becomes and adjective. Somehow I only spent $23 and did not buy anything from the snack bar. Maybe motherhood has helped me learn to have more restraint? Or maybe I was just having a slow day. I don't think Lindsay has been to Atlanta without going to Ikea so it would be a sin for us not to do a full walk through. In Atlanta we shop, and in NOLA we EAT, EAT, EAT.
We realized tht we have not been to NOLA since our fateful Valentine trip and need to get back at least once more before the year is out. Some Po'boys and Horny Gators are calling my name!
For dinner we were joined by Grandma and Gramps Buerger and Great Grandma Ruth. They drove down from Kentucky to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with us and thankfully are doing all the cooking. Best way to spend the holiday is in the comfort of my own home with someone else doing all the work. Can I take my postpartum recovery and run with it? :) I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family that I joined when I married Ben. His parents always take such good care of us and it is wonderful to have them staying here for the holidays. We will also be joined by Auntie Sallie after she kicks some tail in the Atlanta Turkey Trot Half Marathon, and Uncle Kris' family. Pictures and updates to follow.

1 comment:

  1. turkey trot makes it sound so pleasent. turkey slaughtering would be more align with what I went through.

    ReplyDelete